Wednesday 28 October 2015

Holiday countdown

Not done much in here lately, so a bit of an update. Been on my speed awareness course, found it quite interesting and well run. Car started making some very troublesome noises on the way there though and I was worried I wasn't going to make it. Took the car in to the garage the next day and I'm now £450 worse off. 
Got a day off gardening today and I'm having a sort out, making up some jam with a few oddments of fruit left in the freezer, and experimenting with the rhubarb left over after I bottled up the rhubarb vodka. By the way, must go back and make a note about it, as it's gorgeous, can't see me giving much of that away for Christmas!
I tried a bit of the rhubarb that had been picking in the sugar and vodka and even 'raw' it was rather tasty, so I froze it awaiting inspiration.
Might just cook it up and freeze for pies and crumbles...not sure yet.
I've got loads of apples to do something with, not sure on them yet, but might have a go at a chilli jelly or something.
Oh, and we've booked a holiday...setting off 4 weeks today for 24 days, back on 19th December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment